A one-of-a-kind journey through Utrecht’s vibrant Lombok neighborhood, and into your heart and mind.
Migrantour Utrecht believes that sharing personal stories offers valuable perspective and creates meaningful bonds between people. This is why we set our feet on the streets to discover places through stories and together pave grassroots paths towards greater social inclusion.
Our guided walking tours and workshops create spaces of intercultural encounter with heart that foster more expansive understandings of cultural heritage, reshaping mental maps and expanding horizons on our shared humanity. This is how we walk the talk of the African proverb, 'the footprints of people who walked together are never erased'.
Migrantour. Places change and so do we.
Recognizing diversity, sharing stories, including people.
We're recruiting new intercultural companions!
We're looking for Intercultural Companions to join our team. Are you a storytelling enthusiast and dedicated to stimulating intercultural dialogue? Then join our introduction session on 1 September 2023! Training will run on Fridays in October. Curious? Visit this link for more information.
Free monthly tours happing now!
We're excited to announce the relaunch of our free monthly guided walking tours, starting in May 2023! Thanks to Utrecht 900 Jaar’s financial support, we will be offering these tours on the first Saturday of the month for folks keen to take a tour with others they don’t yet know.
It's the perfect opportunity to connect with fellow Utrechters and engage in meaningful conversation about the gifts and challenges of living in diverse communities!
Sign up here (required)
- 7 October 2023: Sign up via this link: https://forms.gle/BJAp3ueE4VBTeNzT7
- 4 November 2023: Sign-up link coming soon!
Good to know
- Timing and duration: Our free Saturday tours run once a month from 10:00-12:00. Please be at the starting point at 09:50 (10 minutes before the tour begins). The tour lasts 2 hours.
- Starting point: Upon signing up, you'll receive an email with the starting point address in Utrecht's Lombok neighbourhood.
- How to prepare: The tour involves a 2-km walk. Please wear good walking shoes, bring water to drink, and dress for the weather.
- Cancellations: Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 24h before the start of the tour. Many thanks for your consideration!
Hosted by De Voorkamer
Kanaalstraat 225, 3531 CJ Utrecht, The Netherlands
Find us on social media
#migration #culture #diversity and inclusion #sustainable tourism #educational #tours #workshops #utrecht