A one-of-a-kind journey through Utrecht’s vibrant Lombok neighborhood, and into your heart and mind.
Migrantour Utrecht believes that sharing personal stories offers valuable perspective and creates meaningful bonds between people. This is why we set our feet on the streets to discover places through stories and together pave grassroots paths towards greater social inclusion.
Our guided walking tours and workshops create spaces of intercultural encounter with heart that foster more expansive understandings of cultural heritage, reshaping mental maps and expanding horizons on our shared humanity. This is how we walk the talk of the African proverb, 'the footprints of people who walked together are never erased'.
Migrantour. Places change and so do we.
Recognizing diversity, sharing stories, including people.
Book with us!
Would your group or organisation like to take a tour with us? Find out about what we offer and then contact Migrantour Utrecht local coordinator, Constanze, at firstname.lastname@example.org In your email, please indicate the following:
- Your name and full contact details
- Desired dates and time slots
- Estimated number of tour participants in your group
- A brief description of who will be participating (age group, background, interests, objectives, etc.)
- If you would like a workshop and/or catering in addition to the tour
Free monthly tours!
We offer one free guided walking tour each month. Thanks to the Gemeente Utrecht’s financial support, we will be offering these tours on the first Saturday of the month for folks keen to take a tour with a mix of other people they don’t yet know. It's the perfect opportunity to connect with fellow Utrechters and engage in meaningful conversation about the gifts and challenges of living in diverse communities!
Sign up here (required)
- 2 March 2024: Sign up here: https://forms.gle/rxBrXBVD1TzDKg9f7
- 6 April 2024: Sign up here: https://forms.gle/HiqzpnyVzjRZeNGF6
Good to know
- Timing and duration: Our free Saturday tours run once a month from 10:00-12:00. Please be at the starting point at 09:50 (10 minutes before the tour begins). The tour lasts 2 hours.
- Starting point: Upon signing up, you'll receive an email with the starting point address in Utrecht's Lombok neighbourhood.
- How to prepare: The tour involves a 2-km walk. Please wear good walking shoes, bring water to drink, and dress for the weather.
- Cancellations: Please contact us at email@example.com no later than 24h before the start of the tour. Many thanks for your consideration!
Check out our story map!
Curious about the tour? Taken it and now thirsty for more? We invite you to visit the diverse places, people and issues featured on our story map. Photos, videos, audio recordings and texts take you on a journey that complements our Migrantour Utrecht guided walking tour in Utrecht's Lombok neighbourhood. Discover aspects of places you thought you already knew! Encounter novel perspectives! Visit our story map
Hosted by De Voorkamer
Kanaalstraat 225, 3531 CJ Utrecht, The Netherlands
Find us on social media
#migration #culture #diversity #inclusion #sustainabletourism #educational #tours #workshops #utrecht